$5.00 FLAT SHIPPING ON ORDERS OF $50 OR MORE!
Makes: 4 – 6 Servings Prep/Cook Time: 30 minutes
1 packet PVP Mushroom Soup & Gravy Mix
1 pound button mushrooms, cleaned, thinly sliced
8 ounces dairy free sour cream
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
¼ cup marsala wine (optional)
2 cups unsweetened dairy milk*
3 tablespoons dairy free butter
1 tablespoon cornstarch
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
8 ounces fettuccine, uncooked (you can use any pasta you like)
*Avoid using oat milk as soup will not set up properly.
- In a medium pot, cook pasta according to directions. Make sure water is well seasoned with salt! Drain pasta, after it has cooked, and put back into pot.
- Combine milk and Mushroom Soup Mix and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in medium sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 10 minutes. (this is important! Make sure they are nice and brown)
- Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add marsala wine (if using), scraping brown bits off bottom of pan, and cook until wine has evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Add Mushroom Soup and milk mixture to pan.
- Bring to a low simmer and cook until soup has thickened.
- Scoop sour cream into a small bowl and add about ½ cup hot liquid from mushroom mixture to the sour cream. Whisk together until sour cream is smooth.
- Add sour cream back in to mushroom mixture and stir until well combined.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Pour mushroom stroganoff over noodles and toss.