FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OF $50 OR MORE!
Makes: 4 – 6 servings Prep/Cook Time: 1 hour
1 packet PVP Tomato Soup Mix
2 cups water
1 cup white rice
2 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil
¼ cup white onion, small diced
2 – 3 garlic cloves, minced (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cumin
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato soup mix and water and stir until mix is dissolved. Set aside.
- In medium saucepan over medium/high heat, add olive oil and rice.
- Stir until rice starts to turn a light golden brown (if rice starts to brown too quickly, turn down heat).
- Once rice is golden brown, add onion, garlic, cumin and salt. Stir for 30 seconds.
- Stir tomato soup and water mixture again and then add to rice.
- Bring to a low boil.
- If using a Dutch oven…once mixture comes to a boil, cover and place in oven.
- If using a casserole dish…once mixture comes to a boil, pour into a 2 quart (8x8) casserole dish, cover and place in oven.
- Cook for 40 minutes, stirring half way through (very important to stir!)
- Remove from oven and let rest, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and serve.