FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OF $50 OR MORE!
Makes: 6-8 servings Prep/Cook Time: 50 minutes
1 packet PVP Dairy Free Cheeze Sauce Mix
1 1/2 cups plain unsweetened dairy free milk*
2 pounds yellow squash, sliced ¼ inch thick
1 small yellow onion, chopped (about 1 ½ cups)
1/2 cup gluten free panko bread crumbs
4 tablespoons plant-based butter
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
*Avoid using oat milk as Cheeze Sauce will not set up properly.
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Prepare Cheeze Sauce according to instructions on packet using only 1 ½ cups of milk.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add squash, onions, sea salt and pepper.
- Sauté, stirring often, until squash is just tender in the middle, about 5-7 minutes.
- Take off heat and drain in a colander for a few minutes.
- Mix drained squash/onions with prepared Cheeze Sauce.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 2 quart (8” x 8”) casserole dish.
- Pour mix into casserole dish.
- For breadcrumb topping, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Combine melted butter and ½ cup panko breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top of squash.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until sauce is bubbling.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Like this recipe? Try our Loaded Nachos.